Wednesday 22 October 2008

This is my first ever blog...

I've been posting photos on my facebook account, but I guess it'd be nice to add some sort of story to it all. I like taking photos of the smallest changes, so be prepared for spot the difference games :)

Bedroom 3




This above was our first job we tackled, the smallest bedroom aka bedroom 3. It's still yet to be completed, as were were waiting on the electrician who has now been and gone.


The trees


The trees were twice as tall as the house and blocked out all our light. They were dangerous I think because a hurricane probably would have the over as they were so top heavy. Anyway, they came down and to you tree huggers out there, I am going to replace them with a laurel hedge.



There were actually 6 trees, but we forgot to take the before photo before the guy started to cut them down!

The Front Door


You might not think a front door is a top priority thing to do, but this has kept me and my mum busy for a few weekends as there's a limit to our skills. It's also nice having the front of the house looking nicer.

We stripped all the varnish off and stained with Ronseal 3 times. I repainted the frame, and Colin and Dad fitted the new glass to the left of the door. You may well see in the tree photos above that the bottom window was a bit of plywood :s not very secure.

The Cupboard In The Hallway



This cupboard used to house the hotwater tank, several manky cassette tapes left by the previous owners, and lots of dust and dirt. Yuk. After the installation of our new combi boiler in the kitchen, we were able to remove the hotwater tank leaving us with a very useful cupboard.

As it's a cupboard I didn't spend too much time filling holes, so it's a rough job. It's now become our DIY cupboard, but hopefully that's just temporary as I plan to store my bulk buy supermarket bargains in here.

The Radiator In The Hallway




There wasn't too much point in doing the radiator yet as it'll get knocked about, but I couldn't resist one coat of paint just to tidy things up :)

The Bathroom


We've knocked down the wall between the toilet and the bathroom. We're planning on switching the bath and sink around. We've had one quote so far for £1170. Ouch. Why is everything so expensive?




The Back Garden



The back garden was completely paved. It was also above the damp proof level, so it's been completely ripped up and looks a bit like a building site at the moment!

The Rabbit's Makeover



Well Twiggy and Gizmodo need to have a renovation too. Twiggy's playhouse got a nice coat of stain, and she's got a new felt roof on it's way. Gizmo got a brand new ground level door so we don't need to pick him up to let him out.

The Kitchen


We're going to have to save up for a kitchen, but in the mean time, this is how it looks like now:


New French Doors


Very happy with our French Doors...so glad I got talked out of sliding patio doors.



4 comments:

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

Wow, what a lot going on! Well done. I'm looking forward to seeing progress being made, keep it coming!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed where do you find the motivation?

Love the idea of you jumping the bath now. Did you have to strengthen the wall to the hall in the end as I remember Col saying you may have to as the neighbour's one started to bend!

Rachel

Sam said...

Hi Rachel,

The wall did not fall down! But it does need a bit of cementing in as some of the bricks have come loose. I do worry that it might fall when we remove the bath! All fun and games I suppose.

Lisalou said...

I was doing exactly the same posting photos on Facebook! Its such a good idea doing this, as like you say, you get the story too!